Getting on top of a house or business and working on someone’s roof requires balance. However, landing a contract gets you the work and is a tricky balancing act.
Balancing Your Business Needs
Most consumers get multiple bids for their project before they choose one, and you need to come in low enough to be competitive, but the winning bid without being cheap that you sacrifice the quality of your work. On the other hand, you need to make enough money to be profitable, or there’s just no point in being in business.
Estimating software helps you project how much a particular contract would cost and what is needed to charge. Project management software helps keep you on track once you have work contracted.
Top 10 Software Options to Consider
Knowing the top 10 picks for 2022 puts your roofing business in the right place for the coming year.
- Service Proz: If you run a small business, you might not think you can compete with larger companies. Service Proz levels the playing field. Use the CRM to prepare professional estimates, convert them into work orders, schedule them on your calendar, and finish the work order. Your history stores all data, including notes, images, messages, and money information. The included SMS message center lets you have ongoing communication between clients and technicians who can communicate via mobile app and desktop interfacing. Additional features include invoicing, reporting, and tracking inventory.
- YourTradebase: Brought to you by Forty Two, this app gets right to the point. Track work, work completed, and paid work. Come up with quotes and invoices, keep notes, get client approval, schedule work, maintain communication, get paid, and manage your teams in one app. This simple platform increases business efficiency by sparing you paperwork that you might wind up freeing a whole workday each week you can now use to focus on other matters. A 30-day free trial lets you try it for yourself without commitment.
- Commusoft: Manual scheduling and dispatching are a thing of the past with this program. You can know what your technicians are up to. Professional quotes with options speed up your sales and improve your cash flow. You can even get instant approval on a job site without haggling with your office. Automated and customized client communications offer your customers a frictionless experience that earns their loyalty. Enjoy flexible payment options with daily and rolling licenses for any subcontractors you work with.
- Tradify: This all-inclusive job management package orients towards any trade business involving one to 20 employees. Manage your business administration with quotes, estimates, timesheets, invoices, purchase orders, job scheduling, and field service management. More than 20,000 professionals in various trades around the globe have already discovered Tradify and love it due to its simple setup and use.
- Marketing 360: Offered by Madwire, get all the tools you need for managing your business and growth. With a 4.7 rating out of 5 stars from nearly a thousand respondents, it might be worth creating a free account so you can explore this platform. There are multiple plans and pricing levels for the needs or size of your roofing business.
- Vonigo: This online booking platform elevates your business management to new levels. Use it to boost your sales and streamline the operations of your roofing company. The unified suite of modules is cloud-based and can streamline reporting, work order management, scheduling, routing and dispatching, estimates, payments, and CRM. All of this is accessible via mobile and desktop technology with an online connection, and millions of roofing jobs have already happened thanks to this platform.
- Archdesk: This all-inclusive software is not just cloud-based but also possibly a good representation of the next generation of online tools for those in the construction industry and related professions. Manage everything from start to finish about your workflow. Handle initial client inquiries, estimates, contracts, budgeting, procurement, asset and labor management, and team collaboration until you issue every invoice. The interface is accessible from all online devices around the clock.
- JobNimbus: This program is fast, flexible, and simple to use. Track your potential leads, jobs, and assign tasks in one simple-to-use hub. Access your business information anywhere you have an online connection. Get everybody on the same page and keep them there. With JobNimbus, technical skills aren’t necessary, so you can focus on your business.
- BidBook: Brought to you by CRM Evangelist and developed using the Salesforce platform, this option allows you to develop and foster closer relationships with clients and contractors. Enjoy always-on access to activities, bids, projects, and relationships. Loss analysis helps you maximize your profits, and a revenue stream visualizer lets you see everything from your backlog to your bid requests.
- Roofr: Offer precise roof measurement reports at just $10 and delivered the same day, or use a free version for DIY measurements. Reports include detailed breakdowns including total squares, edges, and pitch. Create impressively branded proposals for your prospects so your pitch pops up compared to the competition. Join for free to see how much more work you can win.
Advantages of Using Estimating Software for Your Roofing Business
Technology is advancing, but the last few years have seen leaps and bounds in what creative applications professionals in that industry are coming up with. You certainly don’t need to understand how the technology works to know the advantages that come with it:
- Accuracy: Tracking expenses is vital in volatile economic times and high market competition.
- Improved Project Management: Manage your materials through procurement, purchase, and use. Optimize time management and workflow.
- Consistency: Do enough roofing projects and start seeing the same circumstances. Estimating software helps you streamline processes, formulas, and estimates to deliver consistent results to many clients. Your reputation will grow over time.
- Convenience: Tracking the costs involved with equipment, labor, and materials can generate a mountain of paperwork. Doing it all digitally frees up a lot of administration and time you can spend growing your business instead of operating it.
- Efficiency: Online estimating software speeds up your quotes and operations for faster estimate processing and tracking of roofing projects.
- Professionalism: One benefit is just looking professional. You’ll not only impress potential clients but also subcontractors and technicians.
Don’t Forget to Get More Business
Managing your business processes does wonders for keeping costs down. That way, you keep more coming into your roofing business.
Keep generating new business and draw visitors to your website and convert them. Sign up for the free website audits, and see how well your website works. We’ll identify pain points and potential fixes free of cost or obligation so you can see how much better you might be doing.