Roofing Email Marketing – How to Leverage your Customer List for Referrals and Inspections
If you own a roofing company, you need to constantly look for ways to acquire new clients in order to thrive in this ever-competitive construction industry. One way to increase your client base is by cleverly using email marketing campaigns for referral and repeat business. Email is especially effective in the commercial space so if you do flat roofing, so read along as we discuss the many ways to leverage email and boost revenue at your roofing company.
Marketing via email
Marketing via email is mostly a way for you to communicate with past roofing customers. But it can be an effective lead generation tool in its own right if you work on commercial roofing projects that require frequent maintenance. In the residential roofing space, you can run a referral bonus program for residential customers. You can even do direct outreach with a tactic called ‘cold email’. Cold email is simple yet effective, especially in the business to business space. It’s easy to get set up too:
You can simply build a list of targeted companies in your area and reach out directly to them.
Offer a complimentary inspection on any local business that’s a good fit in your service area. Be sure to reach out through other channels as well. You should call your prospects directly and also make an attempt to connect with them on LinkedIn.
Using Cold emails as a referral tool for your roofing business
In this blog post, we are going to talk about how you can use this digital strategy as a referral tool for your roofing business.
We’ll also discuss the benefits of building customer lists, and provide some tips on how you can grow them!
First though, what do we mean by email marketing? Read on and learn!
Benefits of Using an Email Campaign to Your Roofing Services Company
Before we dive deep into how you can leverage your customer list for roofing referrals and inspections, let us first help you understand what email marketing really is and the benefits it can give your roofing company.
Email marketing is a form of digital marketing
That involves sending direct promotional messages to customers via email.
A few of the advantages roofers can get from setting up an email campaign are as follows:
- Low-cost: An email campaign is a cost-effective marketing strategy for your roofing business that can be easily set up and managed. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on advertising or be an expert to set up one.
- Can be highly targeted: With email marketing tools, you can segment your list of roofing contacts according to their interests, needs, and past interactions with your brand. This way, you can send them messages that are relevant to them, and increase the chances of conversion.
- Easy to setup: You don’t need to be a tech expert to create and send out email campaigns. There are many user-friendly platforms, such as Mailchimp and Constant Contact, that offer email templates and guides on how you can get started.
- Faster results: Unlike traditional marketing methods, you can see the results of your email campaign almost immediately. This is because you don’t have to wait for your message to be delivered through snail mail or for people to see your ad on TV or in print. An email gets set instantly!
- Deliverability: Since this type of communication reaches out directly to your intended target audience (in this case, clients), it has a higher chance of reaching them than other types of marketing such as print and radio, which may not be noticed by the business owner.
- Increase in Sales: By communicating with your customers via email, you can increase awareness about your brand or services; build trust, and ultimately help generate more leads for roofing inspections and/or referrals. These leads could potentially turn into sales, given that you provide high-quality services.
- Customer Retention: When done correctly, email marketing can help you retain roofing customers by providing valuable content and updates about your company. This keeps them updated on what’s new with your business – increasing the chances they will stick around for a long time. People move! Just because you recently reroofed a house does not mean that same person might not call you sooner than you expect if they upsize or downsize their home.
Now that you have a better understanding of email marketing and what benefits roofers like you can gain from it, let us move on to how you can use it as a referral tool for roofing inspections.
How Professional Email Marketing Can Help Your Roofing Business
As mentioned earlier, email campaigns are an effective way to generate leads for roofing inspections.
You can get a list of target companies in your area and reach out to them directly.
When done correctly, email marketing can help you retain customers by providing valuable content and updates about your company.
This keeps them updated on what’s new with your business – increasing the chances they will stick around for a long time.
People move! Just because you recently reroofed a house does not mean that same person might not call you sooner than you expect if they upsize or downsize their home.
But how exactly can you ensure success by using this strategy?
Here are some tips on how you can use email marketing to your advantage when it comes to roofing inspections:
- Create Lead-Generating Content to Collect Email Addresses: One way to get people interested in roofing inspections is by creating lead-generating content. This could be in the form of blog posts, ebooks, infographics, or even videos. When you create valuable and interesting content, people will be more likely to want to know more about what you have to offer – like getting a free roofing inspection!
- Set up an optimized landing page: In order for your lead-generating content to be effective, you need to have an optimized landing page. This is where people will be directed to when they click on your call-to-action (CTA). Your landing page should be able to capture email addresses so that you can add them to your list.
- Include a CTA (Call-To-Action) in Your Email: As the business owner, you should always include a CTA in your email. This could be as simple as asking the customer to either call you for a free consultation or to fill out a form on your website so you can get in touch with them.
- Prompt Your Customers to Refer You: They should be more than happy to do so with an incentive – after all, they know firsthand how good of a job you do! Offer a gift card to a local restaurant or amusement park for any referral that leads to a new install.
- Make it Easy for Customers to Refer You: In order for customers to take you up on that offer, they need to be able to easily find your contact information. This means that you should always include your company’s name, address, phone number, and website URL in your email signature. You can also include a CTA that asks customers to refer you to their friends and family.
- Utilize Social Media: In order for customers to easily refer you on social media, make sure that you have links to your company’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) included in your email signature.
- Be Consistent with Your Emails: When it comes to email marketing campaigns, consistency is key! This means that every time an interaction occurs between your business and a customer (whether they purchase something or refer someone), make sure that you send them an email.
- Use Automation for Email Follow-Ups: Automation is a great way to make sure that you are constantly reaching out to your customers. It can also help reduce the amount of time it takes for you to send emails. Most importantly, it will ensure that your emails are sent to your clients in a timely manner.
- Utilize a Professional Email Marketing Platform: The last tip for utilizing email marketing to generate more leads is by using a professional platform. While you can always use Gmail, Outlook, or Zoho Mail as your primary email provider, it will be easier and more beneficial if you have access to an automated system that lets you schedule emails in advance, so they’re sent out at optimal times.
- Request clients to leave you an online review: This is a great way to increase your online presence and show potential customers that you’re a reputable business. It’s convenient and fairly easy for your customers to do so. Most importantly, online reviews can remain for years which makes it a really great asset for your business for long-term.
Contact Us Today!
Things to help promote your roofing business through email marketing campaigns
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help promote your roofing business through email marketing campaigns – all it takes is a little time and effort on your end! With these tools at hand, make sure that every day you spend a little time focusing on growing and improving the customer experience with each interaction.
Growing your roofing client base is a journey
With patience and the right knowledge, you’re sure to reap the benefits of your hard work.
Keep pushing and you’ll get there in no time!
…and if you need a little extra help getting the momentum going, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at Webology. We’re specialized in roofing and construction, so we know what it takes to generate leads through email marketing in a local area. Webology also manages search engine optimization and Google Ads campaigns for roofing contractors, and we guarantee SEO results, so reach out today to learn more about our services.